Building a cohort amongst 200 public sector senior leaders
State Services Commission
Each year the SSC runs a half-day summit for the ‘top 200’ - Chief Executives (CEs) and senior leaders across the public sector. We co-curated, co-planned and facilitated two recent summits - one of customer-centred design and delivery of state services, and the other on stewardship within state services.
For both summits, we:
- met the business owners to understand their
- needs and context
- met CEs to understand their needs and context
- designed an agenda
- provided subject matter expertise in customer-centred design and delivery, and to a lesser
- extent in stewardship
- designed bold opening experiences, to change
- the mental state of participants when they arrive
- influenced the selection of case studies,
- speakers and speaker topics
- designed workbooks and working activities
- facilitated on the day.
Success measures — including the number of attendees present throughout the day and number of follow-up conversations held — were met for both summits.